Shuswap Construction Industry Professionals working together to create opportunity and future possibilities for the Construction Industry to ensure maximum use of local businesses and individuals on construction projects in Salmon Arm and the Shuswap.
Who is SCIP?
The Shuswap Construction Industry Professionals is a not-for-profit membership driven association that represents construction-related businesses of the Shuswap. We currently have approximately 250 member businesses that we represent across the Shuswap. We publish a construction directory each year marketing our members services, products and businesses. We produce approximately 2,200 directories each year and these directories are distributed across the Shuswap and abroad for potential customers to use.
Volunteer Board of Directors
Joe Johnson – President
Browne Johnson Land Surveyors
Tim Dunne – Past President
Omega Engineering Salmon Arm LLP
Ev Turner – Past President
David Danforth – Secretary/Treasurer
Central Hardware Ltd.
Lawson Engineering & Development Services Ltd.
Gary Arsenault – Director
Green Emerald Construction
Dave Brice- Director
Pacific West Home Inspections
Bob Eckland – Director
Glacier Building Supplies Ltd. – Salmon Arm Rona
Trevor Johnson – Director
Andrew Sheret Limited
Ross McDiarmid- Director
Ian McDiarmid Construction
Dan Smith- Director
Dancor Electric Ltd.
Donna Smith- SCIP Coordinator
We offer our members many benefits including: access to the plan room, weekly newsletter update, access to a labour pool, reasonable benefit packages, networking opportunities, opportunities to promote their business as well as access to many resources and tools that may benefit a business that wants to grow and prosper.
- Recognized Professional Organization
- Labour Pool Service
- Group Benefit Package
- Convenient Plan Room
- Weekly Building Permit Reports
- Website & Online Marketing for Your Business
- Directory & Bulletin Advertising Opportunities
- Voice on Local & Regional Issues
- Related Information Seminars
- Networking with Peers
- Fuel Discount Program
- Fun Events
In order to be a SCIP member a business needs to qualify. Any local construction industry business whereby a good percentage of their revenue or income is generated by construction is eligible. Businesses must be in the defined ‘local’ area of the Shuswap and have a local address and phone number. Retail businesses must have a retail presence in the Shuswap and service providers must have a physical presence in the Shuswap.
The SCIP organization represents businesses residing in the Shuswap area. The Shuswap area includes Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Enderby, Chase, Sorrento, Falkland and the North Shore (Celista, Anglemont, Seymour Arm).
Our mission statement says it very clearly, “Shuswap Construction Industry Professionals working together to create opportunity and future possibilities for the Construction Industry to ensure maximum use of local businesses and individuals on construction projects in the Shuswap area.
Code of Conduct
Shuswap Construction Industry Professionals (SCIP) is made up of individual professionals from the many different sectors of the construction industry. All of our members are expected to adhere to the code of ethics and regulations governing their specific trade or industry.
- Partners with Okanagan College and School District #83 for the SCIP House Project
- Provide opportunity for carpentry apprenticeship training through the Residential Construction Program
- Contribute to Scholarships
- Contribute to Employment
- Sponsored the Job Creation Project
- Provide a directory listing for qualified SCIP Companies
- Work with Salmon Arm Economic Development&Business Attraction
- Stake holders in the Feasibility Project for the Trades and Technology Centre for the Shuswap
- Contributed to the success of the Youth Skills Project
- Work closely with Municipalities on Construction related decisions